Gratitude, Compliment and Congratulation
Gratitude is an expression that we show or say to express grateful feeling to other people, when speaking English, you say “thanks” very often please say “thank you” when people give you something and give you compliment, etc.
- Thank you very much
- Thank you for you help
- I’m really very grateful to you
- You’re welcome
- Don’t mention it
- I want to express my gratitude to (my teacher, my father, etc)
Compliment is an expression that we show or say to express/give praise. Some people use compliment to “butter up” somebody or to flatter in order to increase good will, for example :
- On his/her general appearance
- If you notice something new about the person’s appearance
- When you visit someone’s house for the first time
- When other people do their best
- What a nice dress!
- You look great
- I really must express my admiration for you dance
- Nice work
- Good Job
Congratulation is an expression that we use the give the congratulation utterance when he/she succeeds in doing something
- Congratulations on your succeeds
- Happy Birthday
- Merry Christmas
- Happy New Your
- Happy Valentine
- Happy Anniversary
o Responding Someone’s Expression
What is the response if someone congratulates you?
- What do you if someone gives you a compliment : “congratulation!” you say” thank you, that’s very land of you”
- Congratulation is an expression that we use to give the congratulation utterance when he/she succeeds in doing something
o Responding The Expressions
What is your response?
- How was your meeting?
- How was your party?
A. Giving The Congratulation
- Let me congratulate you
- That’s great!
- How fortunate
- Pretty Good
B. Replying To The Congratulations
- Thank You
- Thank, I needed that
- That’s very kind of you
- Oh, it was very interesting! I want to the sea world
- It was fun! Went out with my classmate
Read carefully the dialogue below then practice with your friends
Rosa : How was your school party, Zenny?
Alia : It was fun! We sony song and danced